Owner Spotlight: GSW

Another owner spotlight, this time focusing on GSW Brent, who is currently located in Phoenix but grew up in the Bay Area as a Warriors fan, dating back to the Eighties and Nineties. Our GSW will look to follow up on the Warriors’ recent success right away in RDA, and it seems like Brent could probably run a little with them too, based on his athletic talents! [ Owners | RDA Owner Q&A ]


NBA Fandom
Brent: I am a lifelong Warriors fan. My youth league basketball team used to play at halftime of Warriors games and I would get to meet all the players. Meeting Manute Bol when I was around eight years old was awesome. I barely reached his knee cap! My favorite game was a playoff game against the Lakers during the Run TMC era and Run DMC performed before the game.

Fantasy Background
I started doing fantasy sports about twenty years ago. I only did baseball leagues for a long time but once I found fantasy basketball I was hooked. Last year was my first year doing dynasty hoops when I was asked to take over a team. I immediately loved the idea of being a "real/fake" GM and when Son brought up the idea of a thirty team dynasty league I was all-in.

RDA Auction Review
Overall I am really happy with my team. I would probably have a little different strategy if we were to do it again, but I'd give my draft a B+. I wanted a top five guy and James Harden is who I landed on. After getting LaMarcus Aldridge as my second guy, I decided that I would go for a win-now team. I am very impatient, so you probably won't see me building for the future any time soon. I have decent depth and a few young guys who should keep me competitive in a few years, or be good trade pieces. I love looking at trades and trying to improve so you will probably see me make a few win-now moves before the season starts and well into the season. [ GSW Preseason Preview ]

Scouting Report
I played high school basketball and topped out as an end of the bench varsity player. I played against Eddie House in high school and we used to play pickup ball together. We both happened to go to Arizona State at the same time and we even were in the same dorm — until he got kicked out for stealing laptops. House would let me play with the ASU basketball team at open gyms, so that was a blast. My per-36 would be really weak, but I pride myself on the fact that I never missed a free throw in a varsity game. I was probably around twenty-five for twenty-five. I really only played if we were up by twenty or down by twenty...our team was mostly down by twenty.

Hobbies and Extras
I have twin six-year old boys. I have bowled four perfect games in bowling leagues and have the rings to prove it. I made a hole-in-one in a golf tournament when I was eighteen.